How Diesel Common Rail Fuel Injection Works
Common rail direct fuel injection is a direct fuel injection system for your engine. It features a high pressure pump (over 1,000 bar or 100 MPa or 15,000 psi) fuel rail feeding individual solenoid valves, as opposed to a low-pressure fuel pump feeding unit injectors or pump nozzles.
Common Rail Diesel fuel injection systems are highly sophisticated and can be very sensitive to fuel contaminants.
- Fault codes on the scan tool
- Vehicle Engine lights
- Vehicle hard starting
- Vehicle won’t start
- Blowing smoke
- Vehicle Knocking
- High fuel consumption
If you have any of these issues and want some advice on where to next you can give us a freecall on 1300 305 359, our guys love to be tested!
**TEST OUR COMMON RAIL KNOWLEDGE**
If time is an issue, we have a large range of exchange and new common rail products online!
We can offer a number of solutions to help you with your common rail diesel vehicle if you need it.
- Diesel Common Rail Fuel Injection Pumps – GENUINE both new and exchange
- Diesel Common Rail Fuel Injectors – GENUINE Denso, Bosch, Delphi and more
- Common Rail Fuel Rail Assemblies – GENUINE Denso, Bosch, Delphi and more
- Waterscan Assemblies – Protect your common rail fuel system from the most damaging contaminant WATER!
- Diagnostic Scanning for your vehicle in-house at our workshop – freecall 1300 305 359 or fill in the form below to book in!